STEAM Maker Design a Deck Challenge
Grade Levels: K-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7–8 , 9-12
Team Size: From 1 to 4 students (All members of a team must be within the same competing grade level)
Team Qualifications: This challenge series is open to all schools, groups, home schools, or private organizations.
Fees / Costs: a $5.00 Kit fee is required for each team in this challenge.
Signup location: Click Here
Challenge Rubric: Design a Deck Rubric
The Design a Deck Challenge is an art and creativity challenge in which students, working alone or in teams and starting from our skateboard design kit, design the skateboard deck
of their dreams and bring it to the STEAM Maker festival. Students are free to use any artistic medium of their choice. Deck Kits will be available for pickup at the STEAM Maker Office on Sat OCT 21th from 8:00am to 2:00pm
Rules and Regulations:
- Each team is comprised of 1-5 students.
- Each team will use only one Design a Deck kit for the base design of their deck.
- All art must be the work of the students(s) on the team.
- All art must be done during the designated creation period.
- All entries must be on display at the Dec 3rd Festival for Judging.
How to Win:
At the 2017 STEAM Maker Festival all Decks will be on display. Awards will be given for creativity, originality, functionality, and popular vote.